Recently, health insurance companies may have requested your Social Security number, as well as the Social Security numbers of your spouse and your qualifying dependents. Due to a new reporting requirement, you will need to report qualifying health coverage (referred to as “minimum essential coverage”) on your yearly income tax return. This new reporting requirement will begin for the 2015 tax year, and your Social Security number is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for Form 1095-B.
Some of the most frequently asked questions are:

– Why has my health insurance company requested that i provide  them my Social Security Number?

– Will the IRS mail me the form so i can provide this information to the Health Insurance Company?

– How will I use Form 1095-B?

– What if I refuse to provide this information to my health insurance company?

To learn more CLICK HERE.
If any questions or concerns still regarding this issue contact you Brown & Brown Representative.